A community college may receive state support for driver training courses through one of two routes. The first involves high school-aged drivers, the second adult students. Colleges may claim reimbursement through only one of these routes. However, they may provide both types of courses. 

Requests for state support of classes for adult drivers (courses intended to provide instruction to those adults age 16 and over) follow standard procedures for Other Reimbursable courses. The program for school-aged drivers (courses intended to provide instruction to those under the age of 16) is administered by the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) and must follow the ODOT administrative rules. For more information, please see the Oregon Driver Education Program.

For more information consult the Traffic Safety Education OARs (737-015-0010 through 737-015-0130).